The weekend has been a washout … with continuous rain for the last 48 hours or so….. ..what better way to spend time indoors than do a spot of baking….. I asked Dwaip what he wanted and he said chocolate chip cookies- after a quick check in the baking cupboard… i figured I had all the ingredients to give this a shot…..
I baked a quick batch of cookies and I’m very pleased with how they turned out…… with a hot cup of coffee -it really hits the spot!!! Some pics below for you!!
For those of you interested in trying them out….here’s the recipe
150g unsalted butter,1/4 cup soft brown sugar(i used light muscavado),1/3 cup caster sugar,,1 egg yolk, 1 tsp vanilla essence,1&1/2cup self raising flour, 1 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven
- Using electric beaters, beat butter, sugars and yolk until light,creamy and fluffy, add essence and beat until combined
- add flour, and 2/3rds of the chips- use a metal spoon to combine
- use fingers to press mixture to a soft dough
- roll one tablespoon of mixture into a ball
- press remaining chips firmly on top of the balls
- arrange on a prepared tray, allowing room for spreading
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned..cool biscuits on tray
- and HAVE FUN EATING:)